CHILD & YOUTH COUNSELLOR - RELIEF STAFF
This casual call–in position is available to work within the intensive services programs – days and afternoon shifts, night shifts, the treatment classrooms as required. The Casual Relief staff is responsible to provide supervision and care for the children within the program and to assume the duties described in the job description for the position they are replacing, excluding the primary worker responsibilities.
With the completion of the “Respite Certificate”, relief staff is eligible for day respite.
Licenses, Certificates, Training
- college diploma or university degree in child and youth work
- current Red Cross Standard First Aid with CPR ‘C’
- current PMAB/Safe Management
- G drivers license desirable
Hours of Work
- Six months experience, including student placements (910 hrs)
Apply in Writing with Curriculum Vitae to:
- relief staff are required to be available for a minimum of 12 shifts per month, must work at least five shifts
- You must be available for one stat over the holiday break and one other stat during the year.
- shift availability must be submitted 2 months in advance
- shifts will be assigned according to availability and seniority 24 hours and above
Vulnerable Position Screening (Police Check) and Medical Clearance Required
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.