This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 24, 2022
||College Diploma (2 years)
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy. Pathways Employment Help Centre is hiring a Woodworking Shop Helper.
Job Description: The Woodworking Shop Assistant will work with the Woodshop Coordinator and the London Community Woodshop assisting clients, monitoring and maintaining safe usage and upkeep of the machinery. This is a CSJ funded position requiring applicants to be born after May 1, 1992.
- Provide orientation and information sessions to new and potential participants
- Monitor and maintain safe usage and upkeep of all tools and machinery
- Develop and facilitate workshops and classes for a wide variety of participants
- Ensure proper usage of the machines among community program participants
- Develop a supportive culture of learning with a passion for woodworking
- Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
- Assist with custom woodworking orders
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter in Microsoft Word format or .pdf format with “Summer Student Woodworking Shop Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is currently open! Posting will be up until position is filled. Pathways Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- 3-5 years experience operating woodworking equipment
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking safety practices
- Passion and ability to engage community
- Experience working as part of a volunteer team
- High level of organization and initiative
- Valid Drivers License and access to vehicle is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills