St. Thomas, ON
||Oct 13, 2022
St. Thomas, Ontario (Talbotville rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people. With that in mind, we are looking for a Grower whose primary responsibilities will be working with the growing team to ensure high-quality vegetable seedlings. More specifically these duties would include responsibility for an assigned section of the greenhouse under the direction of the Head Grower and working with a cross-functional team to ensure productivity and quality goals for assignments are met.
- Gather data for plant trials as directed
- Responsible for growing activities in an assigned section of the greenhouse; including irrigation, pest control; and monitoring and maintaining climate as directed
- Mentor and train Jr and Assistant Growers and other greenhouse employees.
- Collect and maintain data records relating to crop health, environmental data, trials, sanitation
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned
Physical Location/Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering or completion of post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Minimum of two years of growing, greenhouse, or related experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives
- Excellent communication, and analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving skills
- The ability to motivate and attain positive results from employees and teams is a must
$20-$30 based on experience
This role is classified as an agriculture employee/farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA
How to apply
Submit your resume:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: email@example.com Subject title: Grower
Fax: 519 637 2449
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
- Greenhouse environment in a rural area, own transportation required;
- 35 – 55 hours per week, shifts may vary between day and evening
- Ability to work long hours and weekends when required, especially during peak seasons
- Working in high temperatures