This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 14, 2020
Employment Opportunity – Youth Programs Coordinator
Full-time Contract Position until March 31, 2023
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Youth Programs Coordinator to lead the delivery of programming for the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy program funded by Employment and Social Development Canada. This role will require coordinating the front-line team to ensure the understanding of targets, developing methodology for tracking outcomes, and tracking financial information. This position will be responsible for maintaining strong partnerships with community partners and promotion of YOU’s services.
This position will work closely with the Youth Programs Team Lead to design processes that create positive employment outcomes for clients and adhere to YOU’s Mission, Vision and Values. As part of Career Services, this role works closely with other staff including employment counsellors, job developers, case managers, and facilitators to coordinate a wraparound approach that supports youth in building skills, confidence, and independence.
The successful qualified candidate possesses exceptional communication and organization skills, a high degree of initiative, works well in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and holds values that match our corporate vision and values.
- Developing tracking methodology to accurately gather data and guide the activities of the Career Services Team.
- Writing professional and persuasive reports to funders outlining Career Service’s successes.
- Working with the Finance team to allocate, manage, and track budgets in excess of $500,000.
- Representing YOU on outside committees and task forces as directed by Youth Programs Team Lead.
- Consulting with community partners and agencies to develop consistent referral processes.
- Coordinating youth programming including scheduling workshops, designing training with external partners, and skills development with social enterprises.
- Developing procedures to help youth maintain attendance requirements for programs.
- Consulting with staff regarding client progress and opportunities for improvement in programming.
- Acting as a first point of contact for staff with questions regarding program delivery.
Applications must be received no later than: Monday October 26, 2020, at 11:59 PM
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Tyler Paget, Youth Programs Team Leader
Applications should be submitted electronically in MS Word format or PDF as one document.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youth Opportunities Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer that values the richness of a diverse environment. Youth Opportunities Unlimited is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11. Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, they are invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with YOU contact noted above.
- University Degree or minimum 2-year College Diploma in human /social services from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated success in in a target driven work environment.
- Ability to build relationships, negotiate, persuade, and manage conflict.
- Prior experience working with youth, including persons from diverse cultural backgrounds and LGBTQ2S groups.
- Prior experience working with youth involved in the criminal justice system is an asset.
- Proficiency with office equipment including computer use, Microsoft applications, MS Teams and file management systems.
- Understanding of CAMS, data entry tasks, and file management systems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet targets and meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of the London labour market and community supports for youth.
- Ability to establish rapport with stakeholders and evoke passion for youth advancement and growth.
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet program needs including evenings and weekends.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check for youth population.
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle and possess appropriate insurance coverage.