||Mar 19, 2020
Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
Facilities Management is responsible for the planning, development, construction, operation, maintenance and stewardship of all the buildings, infrastructure, sites and services within Western's campus community.
The Building Managers oversee the operation of Western Buildings to ensure safe, reliable delivery of caretaking services to University staff, faculty, students and visitors. This role ensures all legislative requirements for caretaking are met and develops and maintains a fully staffed competent workforce. The role strives to maintain a high level of customer service.
- University degree or diploma in one of the following areas: Business, Hospitality, Building Services
- 3 years of progressive experience leading staff
- Experience working in building and/or client services
- Experience working in a unionized and/or institutional environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of caretaking procedures, chemicals, equipment and building maintenance.
- Knowledge of Ontario Building and Fire Codes, American Hotel Association Standards, Landlord Tennant Act, WHMIS, Ontario Health - Protection and Promotion Act: Public Spas, APPA Building Standards
- Intermediate knowledge of PeopleSoft (HR and Finance) and thorough knowledge of maintenance management systems (Avantis)
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Influential customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in a continuous improvement approach to developing and deploying best practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, peers and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills to enable team members to achieve high-quality outcomes
- Promotion of individual and group concepts of personal development through educational programs and training seminars to further enhance the staff’s ability to grow in their careers
- Emotional intelligence (self-knowledge, self management, social skills, empathy) to ensure own work life balance, health and energy, and good collegial relationships are maintained
- Readiness to effectively learn and grow within an innovative and dynamic environment
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #18767, by midnight on March 30, 2020. Please note, this is a temporary full-time contract opportunity with an expected end date of May 31, 2021.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.