This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 20, 2021
Are you a highly-motivated, detail-oriented insurance professional experienced in underwriting?
West Elgin Mutual Insurance Company is searching for an individual to become part of our Underwriting Team to cover a maternity leave. We are hiring, on contract, a full-time Underwriter with experience in property and farm underwriting to join our team in Dutton, Ontario. For the ideal candidate, this contract has the potential of becoming full-time permanent.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience as well as a positive team environment with a focus on health, wellness and community involvement.
As an Underwriter, you will underwrite, rate and issue renewals, endorsements and new business within binding authority limits and according to our company guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
- Sound judgment in decision making, problem solving and prioritization
- Act as a technical resource of underwriting knowledge for colleagues and agent partners
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented and highly organized to manage workflow effectively
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to maintain service levels to specific company standards
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office and use of internet accompanied by willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (experience as a hybrid or remote teams preferred)
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Applicants with a minimum of 3-5 years of personal lines experience (knowledge of farm or commercial would be considered an asset)
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Has completed, or is working towards, a professional designation such as Chartered Insurance Professional
- Knowledge of IBS would be considered an asset
Application Contact Information