This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 18, 2019
||High School Diploma
Afternoon Shift Shipper Receiver – Monday to Thursday
We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Afternoon Shift Shipper Receiver at Canada Tubeform, a London, Ontario Automotive Tier 2/3 manufacturing facility. The company is a Canadian based manufacturing business focused on the production of high-volume tubular steel and aluminum components and assemblies for the automotive industry and has been in business since 2001 as a privately-owned company.
The Shipper Receiver is responsible for Shipping/Receiving, production material handling, inventory tracking. The Shipper Receiver shall follow the defined working system to ensure continuous and efficient supply of raw material to the production equipment. The Production Department is the main customer of the Shipping Receiving role, in addition to other departments supporting Production. Completed finished goods containers shall also be removed in a timely fashion to ensure uninterrupted processing time on production equipment.
The position reports to the Plant Manager and will also take direction from the Production Supervisors as required.
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or equivalent. A relevant post-secondary diploma, degree or certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years advanced material handling experience, specific to the automotive industry preferred.
- Collaborate with Production Leads and other departments as required.
- Provincially certified lift truck operator and a current valid license.
- Maintain and promote a clean, organized and efficient plant/warehouse in-line with 5S principles.
- Maintain and inspect material handling equipment daily and document issues and inspections as required by ERP Systems and IATF quality standards.
- Able to provide back-up coverage of standard shipping and receiving documentation (packing slips, NAFTA/USMCA documentation, bar codes, etc.).
- Working knowledge of a standard ERP System/s. and scanning systems.
- Ability to come up with creative solutions, troubleshooting techniques either planned or unplanned. Ability to design floor plan layouts.
- Assisting with cross-training employees
- Manage inventory levels and FIFO
- Ensuring accurate and timely inventory shipping, receiving, storage and reconciliation
- Ensuring safe work practices and general duties
- Creating and promoting a positive work environment
- Customer service experience with internal and external customers and liaise and coordinate effectively with other internal departments as required.
- Promoting positive working relationships to align with culture
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, ERP Systems. Comfortable and skilled with technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- High energy and a well-developed sense of urgency are essential requirements of the position.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
If you are interested in becoming a part of a diverse and growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your wage expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates under consideration for this opportunity will be contacted.
Canada Tubeform invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.