||Sep 12, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Want to work with one of Canada's largest law firms?
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 5 year's experience as a Law Clerk with proven knowledge of Personal Injury Law. In this role, you will be hired directly by our client's team on a full time, permanent basis at their London office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main responsibilities of this role include both the tort and AB work on all files:
* administrative tasks for Plaintiff Personal Injury files from open to close including primary contact between team and client;
* information intake, conflict searches (colds calls/potential new clients);
* prepare initial client documents (retainer, authorizations/directions etc.);
* prepare/process accounts;
* maintain an effective BF system;
* paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact;
* draft correspondence;
* organize and summarize documentation, e.g. medical records;
* serve client productions/medical documents to Tort and Accident Benefits Adjuster;
* maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files and special damages lists;
* request documentation from various care providers;
* communicate regularly via fax/phone/e-mail with clients (and their family members), AB adjusters, and our clients' treatment providers;
* maintain/update AB status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF-18s, expenses, etc.);
* prepare and file Applications for Case Conferences/Hearings with the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) when disputes over benefits/treatment arise with the insurance company;
* assist lawyers with settlement discussions and LAT mediations;
* provide medical brief to Assessment Centre re: Insurer examinations;
* identifying and requesting documentation necessary for claim from healthcare providers, employers, educational facilities etc.
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires a well-organized person, with strong attention to detail and deadlines, a good working knowledge of the Medical/Personal Injury law, as well as a strong proficiency in Caselogistix and Primafact. The candidate must be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
* Above market, competitive salary
* Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision after 3 months probationary period
* On-site parking
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for applying
Salary: CA$1 - CA$2 per year
Application Contact Information