This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 22, 2022
We are looking for a Licensed Electrician who is an energetic and motivated individual with knowledge in electrical and controls systems.
Ingenuity Building Efficiency Technologies is a building automation services provider for all sectors including institutional, commercial, industrial and residential. Starting out in specializing in integration and troubleshooting, Ingenuity has grown into a full-service building automation provider from design, construction, service, and installation. We are close-knit family-oriented company who pride ourselves on our high-quality work. Our customers know us as a company that will perform to the highest standards. We think outside the box to offer innovative solutions. We work primarily in the London area, as well as Oxford, Middlesex and Elgin Counties
Ingenuity is looking for a Licensed Electrician who will repair, troubleshoot, and install electrical systems in schools, hospitals and various other settings.
- Install and repair electrical systems and components
- Assist in the design process of systems
- obtain any necessary permits
- order parts and equipment for the project
- ensure installed electrical systems are working properly
- diagnose/troubleshoot and devise a solution to the problem and complete the repair work
- perform preventative maintenance
- Start-up, commission, and program complete building automation systems
- Perform building systems integration through BACNet, Modbus, and LONworks
- Perform a point-to-point checkout per standard procedures
- Perform software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation
- Create and manage technical documents including updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients
- Service and maintain systems/networks
- Trouble shoot systems/networks
- Coordination with a variety of subcontractors to ensure projects are completed on time and to the highest standard
- Supervise other employees
- Oversee the work of apprentices and teach novice electricians the correct methods and practices, relevant codes and pertinent regulations
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Work with crew, client, and supervisors to understand upcoming requirements and communicate the daily updates and activities of the job
- Visibly promote health, safety, quality, and environment expectations in the workplace through actions, examples and attitude.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What this job offers:
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive wage. This job offers the opportunity for a talented individual to apply their knowledge and skills within a rapidly growing and forward-thinking company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to share their innovative ideas, gain valuable knowledge, and make significant contributions as this thriving family business continues to grow. We strongly support professional development and offer opportunities for advancement.
- Certificate of Qualification-309A licence
- Registered with Skilled Trades Ontario
- Must have a driver’s licence with clear drivers abstract
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in refrigeration HVAC and Mechanics an asset
- Knowledge of electrical codes and best practices
- Ability to read blueprints schematics and other diagrams
- Ability to use electrical diagnostic tools
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes
Application Contact Information