At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. We are backed by the Permira funds and Sky.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
We are steering the video industry by building the Enterprise RDK (eRDK) stack for Video and Broadband managed solutions for operators who want to securely deploy a next-generation experience and maintain control of their devices and data. We have a spectacular opportunity for a Test Automation Engineer in London, Ontario to pioneer their career by not only integrating and qualifying the eRDK stack across a wide range of broadband and video devices but also enhancing the solution with cutting edge features, testing and deploying them with some of the leading Internet and Video service providers across the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who wields a robust appetite and tenacious grit for learning, building, and collaborating. Embarking on a journey alongside a widespread colony of about 2,200 employees, you are expected to collaborate with a plethora of teams from 3 Canadian offices, 4 US locations, and others all over the globe. Hence, strong communication and documentation skills are exceptionally vital in conquering new technologies and forging an infinite path with us.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Operating within a DevOps environment, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test strategy, test cases, and test automation from requirements for production and commercial deployment.
- Working closely and collaborating with development, program management, and architect team to better understand the product and customer requirements.
- Analyzing and enhancing the efficiency, stability, and scalability of the product through test strategy and test automation
- Validating new product designs and ensuring it has test automation coverage
- Assessing third-party and open-source software to discover the most efficient approach to test and automate
- Bachelors or equivalent of Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of Professional Experience in Testing and Test Automation
- A good foundation of basic networking concepts (TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools (Cucumber, Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Xray, XPorter, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps tools, Jenkins, Grafana, GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, and JIRA.
- Experience with data formats (JSON, YAML, XML)
- Experience in operating systems like Linux, MacOS, Android, and Windows
- Familiar with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review tools