Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Please note, this is a temporary full-time contract opportunity covering a leave of absence with an expected end date of June 26, 2023.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of
academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities
for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has
become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the
development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Don Wright Faculty of Music is situated in a research-intensive university, a community that enables
students to grow artistically and academically. Our students are among 700 of the brightest and most talented
young artist-scholars who come to student in one of the many undergraduate and graduate programs offered
by the Faculty. With the faculty and staff, they are committed to excellence in creative and scholarly work.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative assistance to Department Chairs, faculty members and
instructors to support the effective and efficient administration of undergraduate programs within the Don
Wright Faculty of Music. The role will act as a first point of contact with regards to progression requirements,
program eligibility, course selection, examinations and graduation requirements, while also serving as a
resource for faculty, students, prospective students, and the public providing guidance regarding University
and departmental policies and procedures, and providing referrals to other individuals or resources as
required. The role will also assist with creating and maintaining student records, producing course and exam
schedules, and planning and coordinating student auditions, juries and competitions.
- 2 year community college diploma in Office Administration
- Undergraduate degree with courses taken in music would be an asset
- 2 years of experience providing administrative support and client service; preferably in an academic
- Experience providing administrative support in a music related environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style
to suit the situation and audience
- Demonstrated ability take initiative, to work independently and follow through on work assignments
- Competency to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve external and internal partner issues
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Ability to process information with a high degree of accuracy, and follow formal business practices with high
attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Adapts readily and effectively to changing priorities and demands
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, faculty members, students and the
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills to complete accurate calculations
- Intermediate proficiency required in Microsoft Office in order to prepare emails, course outlines,
announcements, and to input data into spreadsheets and databases
- Familiarity with software applications used by Western preferred – e.g. OWL, Cascade, PeopleSoft
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #28239 by 11:59PM on September 27, 2022
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first
consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity
and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible
minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any
gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you
require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with
Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.