||May 03, 2022
Project Coordinator (FPO 40338)
Project and Construction Management
Campus Planning and Capital Development
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $38.76 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Note: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week).
Duties: Under the general direction of the Manager, Project and Construction Management, the incumbent provides facilities planning, project management and construction contract administration services. Investigates, plans, implements, coordinates and monitors all activities associated with construction, renovations and facilities renewal projects at all locations of Fanshawe College.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Engineering Technologist, Electrical (Building) or Mechanical (HVAC) Design Program, or CAAT Architectural
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for mechanical and/or electrical engineer, architect, contractor or large corporation in a senior project management role
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements and knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing projects
- Experience in mechanical, plumbing or electrical project design and project coordination is preferred
- Accredited member of Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), Association of Architectural Technologist of Ontario (AATO) or equivalent is an asset
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) or Registered Specifications Writer (RSW) (through Construction Specifications Canada) is preferred
- Experience in the development of building designs for new construction, renovation and building systems such as mechanical, electrical, network, fire alarm and building automation systems
- Experience in the management of complex construction or renovation projects, and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Experience dealing with consultants, landlords, realtors, building officials, and other authorities having jurisdiction
- Demonstrated competence with AutoCAD in a building design environment (latest version preferred – previous version minimum)
- Competence with Revit or other BIM applications
- Experience in the control and monitoring of project costs/budgets, request for quotes, authorization of progress payments, and construction contract administration
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Building and Fire Codes and AODA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Project, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook