||Jan 09, 2021
||College Diploma (2 years)
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 5 years experience as a Law Clerk with proven knowledge in Commercial Litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsibility for opening files including conflict checks and closing files;
- Maintain effective BF and follow-up system;
- Review of client documents and preparation of Affidavit of Documents;
- Transcribing dictation and proof reading dictation from the correspondence centre;
- Conduct corporate searches
- Prepare cost outlines
- Draft affidavits of documents;
- Review discovery transcripts and follow up for undertakings;
- Satisfy client undertakings;
- Assist with Trials & hearings
- Draft closing documents
- Communicate & schedule witnesses, conducting witness interviews, and preparation of witness statements and briefs
- Experience in Primafact and Relativity® will be an asset for this position
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires a well-organized person, with strong attention to detail and deadlines, a good working knowledge within their field of law. The candidate must be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
* Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision after 3 months probationary period
* RRSP plan
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Salary: CA$55000 - CA$65000 per year + Benefits
Application Contact Information