|Jan 30, 2024
Join the Y Child Care Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team of early childhood educators and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed childcare in Canada and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve by providing quality childcare for over 50 years!
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the children and families that we serve.
Position: Child Care Leadership
Licensed Childcare Location: St Theresa YMCA, 108 Fairlane Ave, London, ON
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Compensation: up to $24.33 per hour (includes government wage enhancement grants)
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
• Access vacation entitlement, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
• Benefits package and Pension applicable with position/contract length
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
• Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth
• Monday through Friday (no weekends)
• 7.5 hour workday
• 37.5 hour work week
• Required to rotate shifts that cover the full hours of operation of the centre
In this role, you will:
• Plan and deliver a consistent child-centered program in accordance with our YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum (0-6 year olds)
• YMCA curriculum mentorship of program educators including supply daily
• Demonstrate consistent practice of clean culture, ensuring centre and classrooms are clean, organized, and professional looking at all times. All areas of the classroom must be always child ready – all centers are available to children throughout the day.
• Provide quality compassionate care and support to children and their families
• Ensure supervision and safety of children at all times; Understand and comply with provincial (CCEYA), municipal and YMCA policies and procedures
• Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
• Embrace and exemplify the Y’s core values
• Educators will be required to lift to 60 lbs. (children and/or activity equipment or room set up) at various times within a day
Education and Skills Qualifications:
• An Early Childhood Educator Diploma or diploma or degree in a related field of study
• Registered (or proof that registration is in process) and in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification or include the date of training scheduled within the next three months.
• Current Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check (less than 6 months old)
• Up-to-date immunizations required by Public Health
• Applicants are required to be a minimum of 18 years of age or older as per Ministry of Education guidelines
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information