Who We Are
As a family-based company for over 100 years, we are committed to creating and maintaining successful teams. We recognize the invaluable contributions of our team members and prioritize their development, health and well-being. For generations, we’ve been in the business of building communities for people to live, work and play.
RiverBend Golf Community is owned and operated by Sifton Properties Ltd. It is a gated private golf community comprised of 400+ professionally maintained residential properties, an exquisite Clubhouse, and an incredible 18-hole championship golf course that rests in the heart of the community.
Experience what it means to be part of our family, and build a career you’re proud of.
About the Role
- The First Cook assists with daily kitchen operations, including food preparation for member services, banquets, and other special functions.
- The First Cook also cleans the kitchen daily, including fridges, freezer, storage areas, shelves, floors, walls, counters, and equipment, and follows food safety guidelines set up by Sifton Properties Limited and the Ministry of Health of Ontario.
- Minimum two (2) years experience cooking in a restaurant-style setting.
- Line experience is necessary; Banquet experience is an asset.
- Culinary education is preferred, either currently attending or apprentice.
- Willingness to successfully obtain a Food Handler certificate.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Available to work days, evenings, and weekends as required.
What We Can Offer You
- We’ll set you up for success by providing in-depth training with your team and mentors, working in partnership with our leadership team.
- You’ll enjoy special events, celebrations, and unique perks specific to your role and work environment that reinforce our commitment to creating a wonderful employee experience.
- Our unique rewards and recognition programs are designed to celebrate you, your contributions and promote your success.
- Our Employee Assistance Program is available for your everyday needs.
- We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
To apply for this job opportunity, please visit https://sifton.com/careers/
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.