North Perth-North Huron Family Health Team
North Perth-North Huron Family Health Team (NP-NH FHT) is a recognized, progressive leader for rural health in Ontario with a passion for delivering quality healthcare services through a highly effective, person-centred team of health professionals. The organization’s commitment to teamwork, innovation, learning and close community partnerships enables the community’s citizens to access healthcare services in a way that is easy, convenient, and seamless for them. The Family Health Team values integrity and operates in an honest and open way by creating and supporting a positive workplace culture of innovation and excellence.
With a team of 26 clinical and administrative staff, the NP-NH FHT supports 32,000 patients across 4 sites (Listowel, Wingham, Lucknow and Teeswater) along with 21 physicians. The FHT catchment spans across the northern sections of Huron and Perth counties and comprises part of the South Bruce County and is home to one of the largest population of Anabaptist, Amish and Orthodox Mennonites. As a rural community, our providers and our community partners have a rich history of collaboration to support timely patient access where and when needed.
North Perth-North Huron FHT recently amalgamated as of April 1, 2021 to ensure that our patients are able to access timely services in the community of their choice. The amalgamated FHT has resulted in increase in clinical capacity and expertise which is now available to all of our patients. As an active member of the Huron & Perth Ontario Health Team HP&A OHT (an early adopter OHT), the amalgamated FHT is well positioned to support ongoing health system transformation.
Working in partnership with Prime Management Group Inc., North Perth-North Huron Family Health Team is actively recruiting for an influential and highly collaborative Executive Director to join their well-established, forward-thinking organization. The Executive Director will be a visionary who is an advocate in Primary Care. This business minded, strategic leader will be responsible for managing the overall operations and administration of the North Perth-North Huron Family Health Team (4 clinical sites) in alignment with the established strategic direction: including leadership, directing continuous improvement initiatives, and providing business, policy guidance, and technical advice to the Board.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will:
• Provide innovative and positive leadership and will act as the main liaison between the Board and the employees to collaborate in establishing the vision, mission, values, and strategic direction and leadership for the North Perth - North Huron Family Health Team.
• Manage all public relations and represent and promote the North Perth - North Huron Family Health Team to the community, media, government, other agencies, and relevant health care providers.
• Oversee the Director of Finance and the development of the annual budget, stewardship of funding and report financial status to the Board and prepare and submit reports to the Ministry of Health and other government agencies in a timely manner and in accordance with legal and statutory requirements.
• Oversee the Clinical Director and Quality Committee in identifying and tracking best practice standards and trends/advances in the Family Health Team field and ensure compliance with these standards and ethical and legal requirements.
• Participate in planning and coordination of primary care services including communication and cooperation with the Ministry of Health, Ontario Health, the two local Family Health Network physician groups, the Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance, and other health care providers in the region.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of board education and orientation.
• Manage and direct IT infrastructure (IT Governance Committee);
• Act as Privacy Officer at all locations
• Oversee and support the physician recruiter position
• Support effective work planning, scheduling, resource allocation, staff mentoring/coaching, monitoring working conditions, and human resources administration
• Sit on the Huron-Perth and Area Ontario Health Team (HPA OHT) as a member representing rural primary care
As the face of North Perth - North Huron Family Health Team, you will require:
• University Degree in a health-related specialty in Registered Nursing or equivalent.
• Master’s Degree in health administration, business, health profession, or equivalent.
• Minimum five years management experience.
• Canadian Health Executive Designation and previous experience working with Physicians will be considered an asset.
As an effective communicator you will continue to develop local relationships embracing the community to ensure the Family Health Team’s services are helping the population they serve. As a strong advocate, you will ensure that North Perth-North Huron FHT’s voice is heard around the Ontario Health Team table for Primary Care. You will have a track record of acting as an anchor with the diverse staff group and a proven ability to build cohesive teams. Your ability to help develop and operationalize the next strategic plan for this newly amalgamated Family Health Team will further enhance its delivery of services to continue to provide outstanding care.
How to Apply
On behalf of North Perth North Huron Family Health Team, Prime Management Group Inc. will be accepting all resumes and cover letters in confidence from interested candidates.Please note, proof of COVID vaccination will be required.
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply here.https://pmg.on.ca/careers
Requests for additional information on the role, and/or confidential suggestions or nominations, may also be submitted to Colleen Young at 519-672-7710 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Kimberley Chesney at 519-672-7710 or email@example.com.