We are currently looking for a full-time Accounting Clerk to join our finance team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to a candidate who is detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills. The Accounting Clerk will work closely with the Finance Director as well as the Production team to make sure financial records are accurate.
In this position these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Process accounts payable including coding, posting, PO matching, approvals, preparing payments and investigating discrepancies.
- Process accounts receivable including invoicing, collections, cash applications and investigating discrepancies.
- Process monthly payroll and T4s using Ceridian.
- Process petty cash including disbursements, reconciliations and investigating discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate records within customer and vendor database including filing and scanning of paper records.
- Maintain customer and vendor relationships in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with month, quarter and year end closes related to AR, AP, accruals and petty cash.
- Assist with various special projects including annual financial audit.
- Apply established financial policies and procedures.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- 1 year related experience including AR, AP and collections.
- College degree in a business-related field.
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft and Google Suite).
- Experience with financial planning software (Sage and Ceridian, preferred).
- Ability to plan, prioritize and communicate effectively.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to the HR Director.
What makes our Studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.