IT Support Analyst
IT Team Leader
July 11, 2017
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Provide advice, support, consulting and troubleshooting activities for desktop, mobile computing, network and audio/visual systems at Ivey to ensure that Faculty, Staff, Students and clients have the means and the support to use Ivey’s network computing facilities successfully. Evaluate and troubleshoot hardware problems. Replace, repair, deploy and update computer and audio/visual hardware with a high degree of reliability and efficiency. Perform research into technical issues. Collaborate with other IT Staff, Students, Faculty, Clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to solve problems. Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude at all times, meet or exceed deadlines. Maintain the security of accounts, permissions, and access to network resources
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Track and resolve computing incidents (both issues and questions). Ensure completion in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of customers. Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained over time.
- Install, test, repair, refurbish, replace, and relocate desktops, laptops, printers, and other devices/peripherals efficiently and which a high degree of quality.
- Ensure that the Audio/Visual Technology systems are operating normally and tested on a regular basis.
- Proactively contribute to the growing IT knowledge base by creating and updating documentation, web resources, social media, and other documentation resources.
- Create and maintain user accounts and permissions for various IT services requiring secure access with a high level of quality and confidentiality.
- Maintain the Security and Integrity of accounts and manage permissions for accounts.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- University Degree or College Diploma in related field.
- A+ IT Technician Certification is required. MCSE/MCP or Apple Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, demonstrated success in prior projects and endeavours.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Professionalism, ability to understand customer viewpoints.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be well organized.
- Ability to work independently, to plan, be proactive and suggest improvements.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to fully understand and anticipate customer issues, proactively search for solutions and cost savings and/or efficiencies.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with all different types of customers
- Advanced knowledge of major operating systems, networking concepts, mobile devices, and related computing technologies. Advanced troubleshooting skills and abilities.
- Experience operating and setting up Audio/Visual devices such as projectors, video cameras, microphones, mixers for the purposes of video recording or live streaming. Video editing experience an asset.
- Experience working with Crestron touch panels, audio DSP’s, digital media matrix switchers and related technologies an asset. Crestron digital media certified technician designation required within 1 year of employment. Ivey will provide Crestron training.
- Hours will vary (including evenings and weekends)
- Occasional travel
Location: Spencer Leadership Centre, London Ontario.
This is a 2 year renewable contract position with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their applications in confidence to: email@example.com. Please reference IT287 in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.
DIVERSITY & ACCOMMODATION:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.