Full-Time Administrative Coordinator –
Facilities & IT
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have innovated new ways to continue to support our staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
About the Position
Our growing team is in need of an assistant who is strong in administrative coordination and demonstrates top notch customer service through initiative and follow up. If you are known for being the ‘go-to’ person who gets it done, we’re looking for you.
Reporting to the Manager of Performance and Systems, the successful candidate will best support the department by organizing and planning workflow, supporting the administrative needs and service experience expectations of staff by assisting with day-to-day staff requests, liaising with IT and building personnel and troubleshooting basic IT and building issues.
There will be opportunities to assist with various projects, which could include gathering quotes for contract services, task planning and follow up, report writing, scheduling outside contractors, and other workflow coordination.
This role must utilize high-level organizational skills and maintain performance levels despite frequent interruptions. A keen eye for identifying improvement opportunities in work processes or in the work environment would be most helpful, coupled with the initiative to see work completed without micromanagement by the manager.
This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, with some early morning and evening availability required for various projects as applicable.
- 3 years of experience supporting work coordination within a busy environment, preferably with basic IT or facility operations relation
- Completion of post-secondary education in business administration or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate proficiently with tact and professionalism with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement
Nice to Haves:
- Experience motivating and coordinating fellow staff on work projects; able to influence others towards forward progress
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
- Basic IT knowledge, basic understanding of facility flow and upkeep, or willingness to learn
What’s in it for you:
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, LIHC is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan:
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. Please also indicate in the body of the email where you learned of this opportunity.
*With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be conducted in-person with appropriate physical distancing or online via Zoom to best meet Public Health Guidelines and the needs of the selected candidates. If the use of Zoom presents a barrier for candidates, alternate methods can be arranged.*
Submissions will only be accepted until January 31, 2021.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
- A competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being
- Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
- Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role