VSI is looking for an intermediate level ASP.Net developer with the right combination of programming skills and experience. The ASP.Net developer will assist with research, develop applications, maintain existing systems and troubleshoot support issues. The ASP.Net developer will also work closely with the senior technical architect to keep informed of company priorities, schedule and development best practices. Communication and collaboration with other developers during development tasks is also a key requirement.
The ASP.Net developer should be fundamentally sound in .Net object oriented programing, ASP.Net and competent to work on general application programming activities. Your work assignments will be well defined and you will be required to use your knowledge to choose the best techniques to meet your objectives. You will work closely with the senior development staff and project managers gaining exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle.
You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with excellent interpersonal communication skills. You must be able to reprioritize and shift gears as necessary to deliver critical functionality in time to meet our customers’ needs while ensuring quality.
- Complete assigned tasks as directed in a timely manner using proper object oriented coding practices and standards
- Test code for proper functionality
- Follow the established standards, patterns and process.
- Not afraid to seek guidance when needed to make good decisions
- Participate in team planning activities (Agile scrums)
- Visual Studio 2013, .NET Framework 4.5
- C#, VB, LINQ to objects, Entity Framework
- ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, Web API
- HTML4/5, CSS, XML
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Azure
- Telerik ASP.Net AJAX Control suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or College Software Development Diploma
- Solid, diverse work experience in application development
- Sound object oriented programming skills using C#\VB with the .NET Framework
- Experience with web-based technologies such as ASP.NET (MVC is a plus)
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server/T-SQL
- Past experience working with the latest versions of Microsoft technologies, unit testing frameworks, and web services is a plus
Job Offline: This posting is currently not accepting applications.