This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 24, 2022
JOB TITLE: International Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Education Centre, London
SALARY RANGE: $56,568 - $74,809
HIRING RANGE: $56,568 - $72,199
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 July 05
|INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The International Program Coordinator recruits international students, with a focus on China, supports the processing of international student applications, assists with all related financial processes. The role plans and supervises student orientations, information sessions for students and families and coordinates student activities and group travel programs. The International Program Coordinator provides support to the International Education Lead and makes sure all students receive a welcoming reception and effective transition into the Thames Valley education community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Recruitment and selection of all incoming international students to the Board, with a focus on the Chinese market
· Coordinating activities and events for international and newcomer students and their families
· Coordinate group experiences for inbound and outbound students
· Occasional international travel
· Processing applications and admitting international students
· Tracking financial processes in support to the International Education Lead
· Respond to inquiries from various stakeholders regarding educational programs, eligibility, fees, and application processes for prospective and current international students
· Maintain effective client relationships with parents/guardians, students, agents, and schools
· Review and approve documentation and process international admissions
· Provide information and orientation sessions for students and their families
· Plan and supervise cultural activities and field trips
· Collect and administer tuition payments and assist with reconciling accounts
· Input data, and maintain student records and database
· Assist with international student or delegation events
· Provide information regarding program and services at domestic or international venues
· Assist with the marketing of the International Students program
· Provide registration documentation as appropriate to other departments and schools
· Maintain membership in associations that support international student recruitment and education
· Completion of a three (3) year Degree in Business, Communications or General Arts or equivalent
· One (1) year of related work experience is required
· Fluent in speaking Mandarin is preferred
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.