We’re hiring Facility Maintenance / Cleaner for a leading automotive manufacturer in London! Successful candidates will enjoy physical work and desire to complete various tasks throughout the day. This position has an immediate start and offers a great opportunity to grow within the company.
We’re looking for talented individuals who will be responsible for a variety of maintenance & cleaning tasks, working both indoors and outdoors.
What we offer:
- This is a full-time opportunity
- Shifts available:
- Afternoons – 3pm- 11pm
- Nights – 11pm-7am
- Pay Rate: $18/hr
- Temp to Hire position
- Opportunity to grow within the company
What you do:
- Maintains or assists in maintaining grounds, minor building repairs / general upkeep, painting, perform all duties required to clean 1st floor offices, washrooms, cafeteria, outdoor smoking area, 2 washrooms in warehouse, etc.
- Conducts general plant hygiene activities including floor surface sanitizing, general waste removal, recycling activities, Press pit oil clean up and recycling, including but not limited to steel and oils
- Completed Monthly, Weekly, Daily equipment PM’s as assigned
- replace lathe / press electrical panel cooling fan filters
- lathe lube oil checks / replenishment
- scheduled wash PMs
- auto greaser level check / replenishment
- daily equipment oil level checks / recording
- Communicates with vendors of various building systems including alarm, sprinkler systems, etc.
- Maintains the general maintenance of floor scrubber
Who you are:
- High school diploma or GED strongly preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and relevant work experience (min 1-2 years)
- Achieves results / targets through others who are not direct reports
- Adapts and maintains performance in changing work environment
- Must have safety shoes
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills in English
- Own transportation is required due to location of client
- Must able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for the duration of the shift
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today! Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Drake International:
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help businesses find the perfect candidate and job seekers find the perfect career in Canada and across the globe. Connect with us today.