Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, with range starting at $105,000 annually.
The position will remain open until filled.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Western Communications team provides strategic advice to university senior leadership, faculty, staff and teams of internal and external communications staff across Western in order to build the university’s brand on a local, national and global scale.
The Digital Experience Director will lead digital strategic planning and operational execution of the cross-platform digital brand strategy for Western University. The role will lead the team responsible for developing progressive brand experiences across touchpoints and oversee the delivery and continuous improvement of user experiences across a variety of platforms at key moments in the user journey. The role will be a leader and mentor, providing oversight on various web, marketing, graphic design, video and motion graphics projects. The role will also provide strategic advice and guidance to communications staff and leaders across campus, and work in collaboration to implement agile digital methodologies and to maintain a cohesive brand for the University. In addition, the Digital Experience Director will manage the development, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of a broad range of digital initiatives that align to strategic priorities, with a goal of building and promoting Western's brand and reputation locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Marketing, Computer Science or related program
- Certification in digital marketing or digital experience
- Project Management certificate preferred
- 7 years' experience in digital marketing, demand generation, digital experience, web design/development, UX/UI, or related field
- 7 years' experience in establishing and executing successful digital strategies in complex or matrixed organization
- 7 years' experience in a variety of CMS platforms, including open and closed source
- 4 years’ in formal leadership of a team of professionals
- Experience in a post-secondary environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Compelling and persuasive communication skills to engage individuals and teams inside and outside the University
- Advanced ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) and lead discussions
- In-depth knowledge of communication tools and an advanced digital acumen, including websites and social media platforms relevant to university populations
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
- Solid understanding of technical concepts and application approaches
- Ability to establish and build effective working relationships and partnerships with senior leaders, colleagues, and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one's own unit
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of project teams to maximize productivity
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to build consensus across functions and levels and express views clearly
- Ability to draw on diversity of skills, backgrounds, and knowledge of people to achieve more effective results
- Ability to provide guidance, support and feedback in a way that is positively received
- Leadership skills with the ability to inspire employees and develop a shared vision to lead a team to excellence
- Ability to delegate work and provide team members with clear direction and support in meeting their objectives
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced skills in graphic design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca
for further information and to apply online referencing job #28993.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.