|Dec 28, 2023
Join the YMCA Camp Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment by belonging to an international movement that makes positive differences in the lives of individuals and families.
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and career while supporting others to be successful.
We are one of.....
Position: Day Camp Counsellor
Location: Multiple locations; Woodstock, St. Thomas, London, Komoka, Strathroy, Parkhill, Chatham, Petrolia, Windsor, Sarnia, Goderich, Central Huron, etc.
Start Date: June 1st, 2024 – August 30th, 2024
Salary: $16.55/ hour
As part of your total compensation:
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp program
• Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
In this role, you will:
• Learn how to effectively lead all day camp programming
• Create developmentally appropriate program plan
• Participate actively in all camp activities and special events
• Incorporate inclusive programming allowing for children of all abilities to participate
• Involve campers in choice of activity where appropriate
• Encourage campers to set and achieve goals
What you need to succeed:
• Experience working with children
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR
• Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening as per current YMCA HR policy
• Participation in YMCA Healthy Child Development (training provided)
• A dedication to demonstrate the YMCA core values
• Follow the link to our online application
• For questions please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Application Contact Information