||Jan 06, 2022
||Masters or PhD
Located in London, Ontario, on the traditional territories of the Anishinaabeg, Haudenausaune, Lenaapeewak, and Chonnonton Nations, Brescia University College is Canada's only women’s university, educating women for over a century. A Catholic University in the Ursuline tradition, Brescia accepts and embraces students of all faiths and backgrounds.
Brescia University College provides instruction to over 1,400 students. Brescia’s student-centred approach commits to educating women by preparing its students for life-long leadership. Affiliated with Western University, we have access to the resources of a large research-intensive constituent university. Information about Brescia may be found on the university website: www.brescia.uwo.ca. Brescia is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to fill a position as:
Reporting directly to the President, the Provost is the senior academic officer of Brescia and second ranking officer of the University, acting for the President in their absence. The Provost is responsible for providing leadership in all academic matters. As Provost, you will build on the university’s long tradition of academic and research excellence in women’s education, student success, experiential and competency-based learning, and community engagement. Your role has many dimensions, all requiring sound judgment and leadership. You personify and promote the values that define Brescia; lead, empower and support an exceptional team of academic and administrative leaders; engage and foster meaningful relations with Brescia’s students, faculty and staff and our many external partners. As the ideal candidate for the Provost role, you are passionate about the powerful impact of women’s education and are a respected and valued academic administrator. You are deeply committed to collegiality, collaboration, transparency and service to community, in the broadest sense.
Primary responsibilities for the Provost will be:
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. or equivalent, along with an outstanding academic record, strong achievements in teaching, research, scholarly activities and service, and demonstrated leadership, and administrative and management capabilities in a collegial university setting. An excellent communicator with an understanding of interdisciplinary teaching and research, program innovation and the fostering of teaching excellence, the Provost will be committed to the success of all students, faculty and staff. Through dynamic leadership and an appreciation of Brescia’s values and identity as a Catholic university college in the Ursuline tradition for women, the Provost will facilitate and enhance the endeavours of all of Brescia’s academic areas.
A complete Position Profile will be provided to all candidates.
Applicants should submit:
1) a letter of application outlining experiences and qualifications;
2) a curriculum vitae;
3) three to five references for future contact, including your professional relationship with each reference listed.
Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of people, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity at Brescia are encouraged to identify their experiences and potential contributions in their application.
The deadline for receipt of applications is February 15, 2022, or until the position is filled. Application materials should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Brescia University College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and we encourage women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression to apply.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
- Leading academic planning and programming in collaboration with those in Academic Leadership Positions (School Chairs, Academic Coordinators and Directors), and faculty
- Leading the academic integration of Brescia’s Competencies through collaboration with those in Academic Leadership Positions (School Chairs, Academic Coordinators and Directors), and faculty.
- Facilitates submission and approval of course and academic program proposals.
- Ensuring that the institution provides appropriate academic services to carry out the mission of the University.
- Overseeing the strategic academic policies and priorities for the University. Oversees implementation of the undergraduate program review process and provides guidance and direction in regard to academic policies and procedures.
- Planning, developing, and managing an effective budget for all academic services and academic support. Overseeing the budgetary resources and leading input into the annual operating and capital budgets as related to academic services.
- Providing advice on broader University challenges and opportunities to the President and through service on committees.
- Maintains positive relationships and fulfills a critical leadership role for faculty, staff, students, and prospective students, in keeping with the mission, vision and values of Brescia and its commitment to being student-centred.
- Maintains academic standards by ensuring academic regulations are observed.
- Collaborating with Deans, Presidents and Senate committees and ensuring an effective, collegial working relationship with the affiliated university college, Western University, and external partners.
- Serving as a spokesperson on behalf of the University in support of Brescia’s mission and to further Brescia’s identity as a Catholic University College for women’s education.