This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|May 26, 2023
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
you will feel connected to community, when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our services include: Childcare Services, school age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y not join the thousands of members, employees and volunteers and share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position/Term: Part-Time Yoga Instructor
Location: Stoney Creek Community Center, Library & YMCA
Availability: Daytime current needs classes 10:15 am- 11:15 am and the Meditation class 11:15 am-12:15 pm & coverage
Start Date: ASAP
Qualifications & Experience:
- you will meet new people, while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world
- you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in values-based environment.
- you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
- Related education or certifications
- Understanding of physical fitness principles
- Outstanding people skills are essential
- Teaching experience in group fitness is an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers.
- It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022. It may be reinstated in future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
- $25/hour starting base wage
- A YMCA personal membership at our health and fitness branches
- A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
- Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
- Two emergency paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
- Benefits package - applicable with position and contract length
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Customer Service: Provides class supervision, including greeting each Member by name whenever possible and servicing their fitness needs during scheduled class.
- Program Development and Quality: Models commitment and service excellence through the direct development and delivery of quality programs
- Communication/Relationship Building
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Want to know more about us, visit us at: https://www.ymcaswo.ca/
- In your cover letter, state the position and location you are applying for. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and three references, one reference must be from your current or last employer to Vicki Williton, Manager of Adult Health & Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.