Location: London, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid Work Schedule)
We are looking for a Game Designer who is responsible for the game’s vision, and is experienced in all aspects of game design including but not limited to designing and planning systems, features, mechanics and game content. This person must also have advanced skills in balancing game pacing and in-game economies to ensure and optimize long-term player retention, customer acquisition and monetization.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Four (4) plus years game industry experience of which one (1) year has been in a Game Designer-level capacity.
- Shipped a minimum of 1 title in a Game Designer capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to document and communicate design ideas.
- Experience using Confluence and Jira, preferred.
- Background in Art, Design, or Programming, preferred.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Enjoy playing a wide variety of game genres.
- Remain updated on current trends and game design strategies.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.