We are currently recruiting for the following Therapy Assistant (CDA) positions in the Early Childhood, School Age and Adolescent Program (ECSAAP):
- A full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract position. The designated office for this position will be London or Strahroy. Travel and service delivery within Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford counties is required. This position is expected to begin in July 2022 and end in November 2023.
- A part time (30 hours per week) permanent position. The designated office for this position is London. Travel and service delivery within Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford counties is required.
- A full time (37.5 hours per week) contract position. This position is expected to begin as soon as possible and end in December 2022. The designated office for this position is Owen Sound. Travel and service delivery within Grey and Bruce counties is required.
- Provide services within Preschool Speech and Language, Infant Hearing and Blind-Low Vision Early Intervention Programs, Early Childhood Services and Family and Community Services
- Assist with direct/indirect client intervention (individual and group) across ECSAAP services;
- Assist with a variety of client/family programs at the Centre and in the community with community partners;
- Coordinating and supporting educational group activities for clients and families;
- Gathering information, developing resources and obtaining supplies for variety of activities;
- Supporting clients in personal care as needed;
- Client-related activities requiring supervision will be provided under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Therapeutic Recreation Therapist as per their respective college or provincial guidelines.
- Graduate from a recognized Communicative Disorder Assistant program
- Working knowledge of child language development and play;
- Experienced with individuals who are non-speaking and/or have physical disabilities;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal); organizational, interpersonal skills and effective problem-solving skills;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (e.g., Zoom);
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle are required;
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Please note that TVCC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Any offer of employment will be conditional on providing proof of vaccination in accordance with our policy.