JOB FAIR OPEN HOUSE
THURSDAY MAY 4th 2017 5-7 PM and
SATURDAY MAY 6th 2017 1-3 PM
190 Adelaide St South London, ON
** Please bring a copy of your resume, references, Vulnerable Sector Police Check with you **
- Willing and able to participate in activities that reflect individualized interests.
- Innovative, progressive attitude, with a commitment to the enhancement of Personal Outcome Measures.
- Participate in the development of people’s support plans for each individual.
- Support each person according to the established philosophy in action and daily schedule, ensuring that each person is treated with respect and dignity in all of their supports.
- Consistently implement any behavioural or related intervention strategies. Collect data as needed.
- Show initiative in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Administer, record and update all prescription and non-prescription medication as required.
- Transport people supported using personal vehicle if necessary, to and from activities and appointments as required.?
MUST HAVE Requirements:
- Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance issued by local police station within the last 12 months
- Valid Ontario G2 or G driver’s license
- Completed Health & Safety Awareness Certificate (free training available online at www.labour.gov.on.ca)
- Completed/currently pursuing a related education (D.S.W, C.Y.W or equivalent) in the area of developmental disabilities and/or a demonstrated interest
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs such as Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, E-mail and Internet.
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid
- Related experience
- Access to vehicle
Hourly wage startig at $19.93
Community Living London is only able to consider applicants for interviews who have had a police clearance issued by a local police station within the last 12 months. If your police clearance was issued over 12 months ago please consider obtaining a renewed copy from your local police station before you apply for a position with us.
While police clearance applications are currently taking up to 3 months to process, you may be eligible to pay for an expedited service. Please contact your local police station for further information.
Community Living London is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to apply by visiting CLL career website www.cll.on.ca/careers
Community Living London is a registered charity that is recognized for its leadership role in the developmental services sector. We are committed to supporting people who have an intellectual disability live engaging and fulfilled lives. We believe in the inherent value of all people and that everyone has the right to fully participate in their community – to live, go to school, work, play and be active in retirement. For more information about Community Living London please visit us online at www.cll.on.ca or www.facebook.com/communitylivinglondon or www.twitter.com/commlivlondon
Responsibility: Providing supports to people with developmental disability in their home and community to live fulfilled lives. Other responsibilities include: