We design cool machines, check out our website. Multiple roles available, Senior and Junior.
Arva Industries located in St. Thomas, Ontario is offering an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Designer. In this role, you will be involved in design of mobile equipment, primarily cranes and trains, including mainly mechanical, but hydraulic, and electrical functions are an asset.
Mechanical Designer duties
To be qualified, the ideal candidate will have:
- Be involved in design and build projects of mobile equipment
- Detail design in Solidworks
- Be involved in design reviews
- Ensure Arva design meets with customer requirements
- Develop test plans for commissioning equipment
- Understanding of mobile machinery
- Experience calculating stresses in your designs is an asset
- Driveline experience is an asset
- Design leadership experience is an asset
- Good at working under urgent deadlines
- Solidworks is preferred, but not mandatory
- University and/or College graduates are welcome
In this full time role, your remuneration will be based on your abilities as a designer or design leader and your experience with similar machinery. There are multiple roles available, both senior and junior.
If qualified and interested, please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to KSpicer@arvaindustries.com