Noblewood Transport Ltd is a provincially recognized leader in providing quality Milk Transportation services for Dairy Farmers of Ontario and as a member of the Ontario Milk Transport Association.
As a member of The Noblewood and Kingslea family, you will be considered an integral part of the Company and are our most important resource.
Our shop is open from approximately 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday; Weekends on call/rotation with two other shop personnel.
We require the ability to respond to emergencies on a 24 hour a day basis, rotational on-call, carrying pager/cell; call in/overtime as operations require.
The Licensed 310T Technician is integral to our services and supported by a strong management team and a positive work environment that our staff are proud of. This position reports to the Fleet/Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for helping with all fleet maintenance operations including; maintenance, safety, environmental and company policies and procedures. This position maintains and repairs engines, transmissions and differentials and related emission components. There are 40 pieces of equipment to work on and 6 different models of equipment.
Health and Safety is our number one priority at Noblewood/Kingslea Transports. There are strict safety precautions that have been implemented that are specific to the Covid-19 pandemic that must be adhered to by all employees during this time.
- Ensure maintenance and preventative maintenance goals are met to maximize fleet up time.
- Follow scheduled fleet maintenance to ensure safe and reliable trucks are available to meet operational requirements.
- Troubleshoot and solve mechanical problems
- Maintain yard and shop in accordance with company image and safety standards
- Maintain a safe work environment by communicating and complying with safe work practices and policies
- Perform and write annual safeties on equipment
- Source parts and supplies
- Compile work orders and monitor repairs (analyze, troubleshoot and find root cause)
- Find efficiencies in maintenance practices. Striving for continuous improvement.
- Relief driving as needed
- Assist in managing and developing apprentice
- Other duties as assigned
- Secondary School Diploma
- Required that you must possess and maintain a 310T Truck and Coach Technician License
- 310S Automotive Service Technician License would be an asset
- AZ license required
- Minimum of 3 years of related progressive experience as a licensed heavy-duty truck or equipment mechanic
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS and safe work practices in a mechanical shop environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to work independently or as an effective member of the shop team.
- Effective oral communication and strong interpersonal skills to deal with members of the team, customers and the public
- Ability to demonstrate initiative consistently with commitment to quality improvement, sharing process improvement initiatives with management.
- Ability to guide and share knowledge with apprentice
- Demonstrated time-management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Class "A" Driver's License with "Z" endorsement and clean driving record.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and any other related software
- Must live within 30-45 minutes drive from the shop
- Upon a conditional offer of employment, an up-to-date Criminal Record Check, CVOR and Driver's Abstract will be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 per year