Because We Care About Your Journey. Voyago is currently recruiting for a Licenced (S or T) Mechanic, in London, ON.
Voyago is a dynamic company, which is committed to hiring only the best employees in order to maintain our distinct presence in the transportation industry. With a growing demand for transportation services, Voyago has diversified itself and operates in four business segments, which include: Medical Transportation, Conventional and Para Transit, School Busing and Charters, and Checker Limousine.
With a large emphasis on training and orientation, Voyago dedicates itself to supporting the growth of our employees by allowing them to develop the necessary skills in order to be successful. We provide our employees the necessary training tools in order to service our customers and clients more effectively. We remain true to our traditional family owned and operated values through our value added services, commitment to our community and our continued services provided by our long term standing employees. We are pleased to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers.
Reporting directly to the Fleet Manager and Shop Supervisor, the Service Technician is responsible for evaluating and ensuring vehicle safety through preventative maintenance as required and all in compliance with all Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and Voyago's guidelines. Utilize parts from inventory or order parts necessary through the Fleet Management software to make repairs. Complete repairs in a timely manner. Service vehicles in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. Keep work environment clean and tidy. Complete required reports as directed (i.e. sign-off on driver initiated repair logs and log books, and PM service logs by division).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Possess a minimum 310S or 310T license.
- ODP certification with A/C experience.
- Have experience and working knowledge of light duty diesel repair, as well as gasoline.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and sound organizational competencies.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and team-building skills.
- Excellent proven customer service experience.
- Valid G class driving license.
- Posses clean driving record and provide a copy for personal file.
- $500.00 Annual tool allowance
- $100.00 boot allowance
- Uniforms and Winter Jackets provided
- Benefits package
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
- Extensive orientation and ongoing support
- Employee recognition
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.