This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 27, 2023
Part-time Curriculum Developers - Medical Resonance Imaging (MRI) (HLT 41144)
School of Health Sciences
Faculty of Health, Community Studies and Public Safety Operations
Employment Group: Faculty Part-time
Type of Position: Temporary
Hours: Up to 15 hours per week
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: These are part-time temporary Faculty positions (up to 15 hours per week) until March 1, 2024 and are located at the Oxford Street Campus, 1001 Fanshawe College Blvd., London, Ontario.
Duties: The successful candidate will collaborate with Fanshawe’s Center for Academic Excellence and the Curriculum Development Lead to develop and re-organize the MRI program curriculum, including creating lesson plans and evaluations. Curriculum developers will also work with Fanshawe College’s Instructional Designers to transform and reformat the current MRI program curriculum for online delivery. Subject matter experts are needed in a variety of program and course areas.
- Attend training and relevant meetings as required
- Collaborate with Curriculum Development Lead to ensure curriculum alignment with program standards and accreditation
- Collaborate with other curriculum developers
- Develop curriculum including lesson plans, teaching slides, teaching videos, detailed assessments, rubrics, learning activities
- Collaborate with Fanshawe’s Curriculum Consultant and Learning Designers to prepare curriculum for online delivery
- Curriculum developer for clinical placement course will arrange clinical placements and create culminating learning reflections/activities/assessments
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies
- Teaching experience
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. HLT 41144) TO:
- Certificate in Medical Resonance Imaging, and a member of in good standing with the CMRITO
- Minimum 5 years’ of working experience as an MRIT
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with the program team and industry partners
- Curriculum development and clinical/online teaching experience are assets, although no prior curriculum development experience is required as Fanshawe will provide support and training for successful candidates
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are an asset
- Self-motivated, team player who can work cooperatively and independently
- Excellent leadership skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence
Acting Associate Dean, School of Health Sciences
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.