The London District Catholic School Board invites applications for the positions of Psycho-Educational Consultant, reporting to the Supervisor of Professional Support Staff. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team supporting the achievement and well-being of students in both elementary and secondary schools. Psycho-Educational Consultants provide psychological services based on a multi-tiered prevention/intervention model.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- 10-month position paid over 12 months
- Regular increases in vacation pay based on years of service
- Financial support available to employees pursuing registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Master's Degree in Psychology (Applied Psychology: Child, School, Clinical or Counseling)
- Experience working with children and adolescents, preferably in a school setting
- Proven ability to work successfully in partnership with students, parents, school and system staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a complex environment
- Possess an understanding of a multi-tiered approach to meet specific needs of all students based on their current needs and behaviour
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of the mission of a Catholic school system
- A valid driver’s license and access to own transportation are a necessity for the position
- Providing consultation to school staff regarding students encountering learning, behavioural and/or mental health challenges
- Conducting psychological assessments, interpreting results, writing comprehensive reports and discussing findings with parents and school staff
- Liaising with community agencies
- Participating in board committees and teams (e.g., System Crisis Response, Mental Health Advisory)
- Other duties as assigned (e.g., providing professional development to school staff)
Please submit your application including a resume outlining qualifications, experience and the names and contact information of three employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor. Applications will be received until Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 4:00 pm
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
V. Romeo, Director L. Steel, Chair