Drake International is now interviewing for a Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join our client’s site. This is a permanent opportunity with a top employer in London where you will become a valued member of their dynamic team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a hybrid work environment which includes working from home & in office.
In this role you will be an integral part of the HR team who is relied upon by both internal staff & company benefits provider to provide. You will be a true people person who offers tremendous customer service and approaches all situations with the upmost confidentiality.
- Ensure accurate / timely bi-weekly payroll processing, maintain operational standards and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Using HRIS software, process and audit time & attendance, employee changes, enrollments, terminations, wage and salary adjustments, exporting information as required to process bi-weekly payroll
- Reconcile, administer, and remit 3rd party payments including benefits, WSIB, and garnishments ensuring legislated filings and reporting is completed within established timelines
- Prepare month end journal entries and remittances
- Create and distribute payroll reports & audits as requested time and attendance, vacation etc
- Process various regulatory reporting including ROEs with accuracy
- Drive the responsibilities for Year End Processing including CPP/EI discrepancy reports, filing of T4s and distribution and committing of final copies
- Responsible for the administration of assigned group benefits plans, which includes setting up new members, processing of benefit changes, calculating payroll
- Act as a fist point of contact for payroll and benefit related inquiries
- Prepare and submit all Annual returns in a timely manner. T4, T4A’s, EHT, WCB
- Assist with annual budgeting and planning files and yearly reconciliation
- Acts as a resource for employees, advising and responsible for claim management to direct employees on how to request insurance claims and address potential issues
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Payroll & Benefits field
- Degree or Diploma in HR, Accounting, or Business Administration required,
- Payroll Certification considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with payroll audits and payroll analysis
- Experience working with an HRIS
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and project management skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality given the sensitive nature of this position
Our client offers a competitive salary (starting from 60-75K pending experience), Health & Dental benefits, RRSP and great work environment.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today! Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Drake International:
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help businesses find the perfect candidate and job seekers find the perfect career in Canada and across the globe. Connect with us today.