Unimotor is part of the Temperature Control Division of Standard Motor Products Ltd (SMP). Based in St Thomas, Ontario, Canada, Unimotor specializes in the manufacture of high quality blower motors, cooling fan motors, and condenser fan motors for the original equipment and original equipment service channels, the traditional as well as non-traditional markets including marine, RV, military, and heavy equipment.
The electrician is responsible for carrying out installation, repairs, troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrading of electrical components, wiring, and equipment as required to minimize downtime and maintain or improve efficiency.
The following activities are to be performed in this Job Description/Classification:
- Maintain and service all production and plant equipment
- Trouble shoot and repair such equipment as is necessary
- Perform regular preventive maintenance as per instructions of PM PROGRAM
- Participate in plant equipment design/build requirements when necessary
- Maintain / change-electrical / electronic test equipment
- Maintain all electrical / electronic schematics / designs and programs as required
- Interact with other departments within Unimotor and outside vendors
- P.O requisitions when required
- Assist other members of the department when required
- Participate in all team meetings and contribute as required
- Other related work as required
- Certified Industrial Electrician
- Ability to communicate effectively with all departments in the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience based on skilled trade certification specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of design / electrical issues
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.50-$37.35 per hour