||Nov 04, 2021
Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
The Digital & Data Engineering division brings together the teams who enable EllisDon to leverage technology in every aspect of its business, to push beyond traditional industry positions and drive change. Our objective is simple: to be leaders in technology just as we are leaders in building. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems for our Cradle To Grave Services, Construction operation and our clients. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within software engineering, product management, data management and analytics, professional services, virtual design, construction, and IT operations. To learn more, check out our Digital & Data Engineering services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences, and, at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some of the impacts we've made to the communities we work in.
You as an Area Accountant will:
Is this the right role for you?
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and variance analysis for area management.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, including analyzing prior year revenue and spend and preparing multi-year forecasts based on projected revenues and planned capital and non-capital expenditures.
- Track purchases, receipts, deployments and dispositions of capital assets, software and licenses, and inventory, and reconcile with the corporate accounting system.
- Prepare monthly analysis and cost allocations for internally developed assets.
- Work with internal and external clients, assist with billings, monitor receivables, and facilitate and administer collections and deposits.
- Process coding and approvals of vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Assist with accounting and tax research relating to current and proposed projects and transactions.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports and analyses for management and assist with the month-end close and year-end audit processes.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status. The EllisDon core values of Integrity and Mutual Respect welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Mutual Accountability, means that we all have a role to play. As an EllisDon employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to Inclusive Diversity.
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are committed to providing a positive candidate experience and ensuring timely updates are provided to all candidates. If you haven’t already, be sure to create a profile on our Careers page here to remain up to date on the status of your application and learn about new career opportunities as they arise.
- You have a strong accounting background, with experience in ASPE and IFRS, and hold a CPA designation.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- You have experience using accounting and ERP systems.
- Experience working in a software development or technology environment is an asset.
- Experience with sales tax and/or income tax is an asset.
- You are a highly technical accountant that has strong attention to detail and can offer process improvements and innovative solutions.
- You are a well-organized and proactive individual able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You possess strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel.