This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Nov 03, 2022
See what your future holds.
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Reporting to the Superintendent , Planning & Turnaround, the Rotating Engineer is responsible for providing machinery maintenance engineering support and services for the safe and efficient operation of the Courtright manufacturing facilities. In this role, you will undertake ownership of all rotating machines working to optimize manufacturing equipment performance and will work closely with manufacturing team members, providing technical direction and guidance regarding safe design, mechanical integrity and facility reliability. In addition you will work with the Planners and oversee the planning, preventative and predictive schedules for machines, overhauls, etc. to ensure that machines are operated in a safe manner with high reliability.
What you’ll do:
- Actively supports and participates in all Environment, Health and Safety initiatives and activities; Promotes EH&S programs and ensure compliance within the Rotating and Reliability group
- Works as a member of the Maintenance Supervisory Team providing strong leadership to the site on the site’s rotating equipment including providing technical direction ensuring mechanical integrity and facility reliability
- Performs technical evaluations to existing equipment, monitoring performance, investigating problems, and recommending improvements; as well as being the lead on machinery repairs and overhauls
- Provides advice on machinery performance, overhaul frequency and planning, and work standards;
- The Rotating Engineer, in the execution of major capital improvement projects, will work closely with vendors, consultants and contacts both inside and outside the company to maintain effective project execution
- The Rotating Engineer is also responsible for preparing regular reports covering the activities of the Mechanical Group. Prepares and reviews various project status and cost reports and provides adequate control for the storage and retrieval of equipment data and information
- Effectively utilizes the talents of the staff to ensure competent technical services within the Rotating and Reliability group
- Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies
- Supports and is an active participant in the initiatives of Continuous Improvement through teamwork, and the application of Quality Planning and Improvement Principles to the routine performance of duties.
- Coordinates and effectively communicates with the Engineering and Maintenance Departments to promote good team work and enhance project development and execution
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with P. Eng designation, with minimum 5-10 years’ experience related to Rotating Equipment engineering in an industrial plant with with in depth knowledge of compressors (reciprocating and centrifugal), pumps, fans/blowers, large industrial motors and steam turbines. Previous mechanical exposure in a continuous chemical production or refinery environment will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Rotating Equipment Standards (API 610, 611, 617, 682, 687 etc.)
- Proven technical and supervisory skills.
- Commitment to process safety as the embodiment of corporate culture, responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes to perform successfully in the key areas of People Leadership, Results Leadership, Thought Leadership & Self Leadership
Complex Problem Solving:
- Identifies, establishes priorities, and executes tasks to consistently deliver results within required timelines.
- Ability to support safe and efficient operations as needed
Coaching and Training:
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Judgement and decision-making:
- Ability to empower others through active listening, collaboration, training, education and technical advice
- An understanding of your own personal knowledge and limitations when considering long and short-term decisions and recommendations
Total Rewards at CF
We offer competitive compensation with all employees eligible to receive a bonus and access to retirement plan(s). In addition, we provide comprehensive health, dental, vision benefits and well-being programs and incentives to help meet your physical, financial, emotional, and work-related goals.
CF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- Regularly supports and/or defines short- and long-term objectives. Provides input to the development of functional area strategies.
To apply: Visit our Careers Page