This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 06, 2021
Autotube Limited, a Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive parts manufacturer with locations in Strathroy and Watford is looking for experienced Quality Engineer for the Watford location. Our products include water inlet/outlet tubes, Oil Feeds/drains, oil/transmission indicator guide tubes, coolant tubes, air management tubes, and oil/trans fluid level indicators.
The Quality Engineer supports and leads plant wide quality improvement efforts in all manufacturing locations. Support and maintain PPAP Process and functions. Evaluate and develop measurement improvement techniques for quality and manufacturing team. Maintain Plant Quality objective metrics and provide leadership on the quality management systems using Process Audits, layered audits, Control plan & PFMEA audits. Works with Plant Supervisors, Team leads, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's expectations. Champion the NCR & CAR Corrective Action process.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Primary customer liaison representative. Evaluate Customer concerns, part specific requirements and communicate with all interested parties.
- Develop quality work instructions, gage instructions and training requirements for use in production areas.
- Lead and participate in corrective action activities, Strong background of 8-D, 5-why and standard problem-solving disciplines.
- Oversee the calibration on lab equipment and process gauges as required and address all lab equipment concerns.
- Act as a decision maker for quality related issues within the scope of responsibility.
- Perform statistical studies and report data as required.
- Coordinate with manufacturing supervisors and team leaders to ensure quality processes and products meet customer specific requirements
- Lead manufacturing plant auditing processes including LPA, Process, Product and system audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Prepare AIAG/PPAP and/or Customer specific documentation for electronic submission for multiple Automotive OEMs.
- IMDS submissions and Customer Portal updates as required.
- Support Prototype builds, complete documents and inspection data as needed.
- College diploma in Quality Assurance or CQT, CQE designation with ASQ preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the automotive industry in a quality assurance technician role preferred.
- A working knowledge of all standard IATF16949 quality system requirements for automotive parts manufacturing.
- High computer (Excel), word and PowerPoint presentations, MRP, Plex system experience an asset
- IATF16949 internal auditor and/or Core Tools certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of AIAG/PPAP requirements.
- Destructive weld testing and experience with metal forming an asset.
- Customer Liaison experience preferred.
- A good understanding of quality assurance methodologies. A results-orientated individual with experience in continuous improvement, 5S, Kaizen
- Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (Height gauge, Calipers, Micrometer)
- Limited travel required
- CMM, Romer and PCDMIS programming a definite asset
Please email your resume to Tim Grexton directly at email@example.com
Application Contact Information