Good manufacturers require good people – and that’s why we need you!
Drake International is seeking Foundry Labourer working in St. Thomas. Our client specializes in quality aluminum and zinc castings, in house mold making and custom CNC machining, providing turnkey premium quality castings with superior customer focus and minimal impact on the environment for all types of industries.
This is an opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenging new role located in St. Thomas, Ontario.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting wage: $19.50/hr
- Work hours: Monday – Thursday (7am – 5:30pm) – 10 hour shift
- Career growth and development opportunities
Key Responsibilities: Reporting to Foundry Manager, this role will create high quality castings, as the foundation of FCC products.
- Check guidelines of assigned mould to ensure baselines are known and met for temperature and time.
- Take initial measurement of mould and metal temperature and re-check periodically.
- Inform a Foundry Labourer 2 or 3 when the mould is ready to pour and get approval.
- Manually ladle molten metal from furnace to pour into moulds.
- Extraction of part from mould in set intervals.
- Set parts to cool and prepare parts for movement to the next process.
- Replenish metal in furnace as needed.
- Complete preventative maintenance checks (PM).
- Determine priority of parts to be cut from Manager/Supervisor.
- Retrieve parts for cutting.
- Cut excess metal from Aluminum parts using a band saw.
- Perform first-off cut and get approval from Manager/Supervisor.
- Change and tag band saw blades when replacing.
- Put scrap in to appropriate bins.
- Properly pack heat treat bins, when needed.
- Prepare pallets/bins for movement to the next process.
- Check all castings for defects; looking for shrink, porosity, surface quality, dyecoat, cracks etc. Inform Manager/Supervisor.
- Follow QA Dept.’s Blue Tag Procedure.
- Make determinations on scrap parts when instances of defect are low. If more frequent, involve Manager/Supervisor to address underlying issue.
- Review all specific task assigned paperwork (ie; PIMP).
- Accurately complete paperwork (Travel Cards, Tallies, etc.).
- Log in to jobs and track production in Epicor System.
- Identify and address any equipment malfunction and remedy or to bring to Manager/Supervisor attention.
- Understand and adhere to Red Tag Procedure.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Duties:
- Attention to detail.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, hot & dusty environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly.
Apply now – We look forward to meeting you!
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help people find the right role at any stage of their career—in Canada, and around the world. We work directly with employers to bring you the best opportunities, with no cost to you.
Drake International Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sign up for job alerts at drakeintl.com and make your next move with Drake.