Contract position initially to Mar 31, 2021
Who we are
LifeTales is a small Toronto-based tech startup with a double bottom line — a for-profit company with a social mission. We're mostly Toronto-based, now working remotely with no current plans to return to an office post-Covid.
Building on our core tech platform, we just launched a new web app — Celebrate (https://celebrate.buzz) — and will also soon be launching our iOS version. We believe Celebrate will be a quadruple bottom line: fun for the gift-givers, awesome for the gift receiver, a great fundraiser for charities and profitable for us!
V1.0 is already very good — best in class. But not yet as good as we want it to be. We have many ideas for continued improvement. And we hope you’ll bring more.
What’s the gig?
Our laser focus for at least the next 6 months is on Celebrate.
We're looking for a talented Digital Marketer who is hungering to have an immediate and significant impact on the business. You will be responsible for exploring, testing, measuring and assessing the full range of digital strategies to drive and grow traffic, engage our current visitors and attract new users.
Our primary emphasis in the near term will be on Affiliate and Email marketing. You would be working remotely, with our senior BD leader and the CEO/Founder.
Digital Skills for Youth
This opportunity is supported by the Digital Skills for Youth program. Program qualifications require that you are:
a post-secondary graduate (ideally from a computer science program, human- computer interaction program, or similar program);
no older than 30 years of age;
As part of this program, the starting wage will be $3,750 per month during the contract period to Mar 31, 2021. There will also be opportunities for training in addition to the wage and work commitments. Employment beyond Mar 31, 2021 will depend on your success as well as the success of the business.
- legally entitled to work in Canada;
- employed below your level of education, outside your field of study, hold part-time employment, or are unemployed.
What are the qualifications?
Additional Application Instructions
Send us your resume and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your resumé and links to any materials that showcase your skills and experience. If you're interested in the role, it would be highly worthwhile to create a Celebrate account on Desktop and kick the tires. It's free — no payment is required until the very end if you want to publish a video.
- An ability and passion to be THE person on the team for Digital Marketing and make a real difference. The team is ready and waiting for you!
- Deep personal experience with social media
- Strong written English skills that will be a great help with content development Training in many areas of digital marketing, including Social Media Marketing, SEO, Link-building, Affiliate marketing and Analytics
- Prior experience with Affiliate Marketing would be an asset
- Our team is fully remote, so strong English communication and collaborative skills are required