The Customer Sales & Service Representative is an experienced, highly motivated, multi-tasking individual with strong customer relations and administrative expertise. This person is the first point of contact for our office, both over the phone and in-person. This position is responsible for assisting customers, coordination of daily office administration, communication with SCH team members and supporting the Operations Manager and Customer Service Coordinator as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Capabilities and Credentials
- Maintain presence at the SCH London Office daily between the hours of 8:30AM and 4:30PM to welcome visitors and provide customer assistance as needed.
- Maintain SCH phones including answering and returning customer calls, addressing questions, providing quotes, following up, etc.
- Maintain SCH email account including responding to customer inquiries, providing quotes, confirming orders, following up, payment processing, etc.
- Process orders received via email, phone and fax.
- Review and process accounts receivables.
- Process customer returns and credits.
- Learn our products in order to assist customers with sales and service needs.
- Prepare information and undertake the day-end reconciliation.
- Perform clerical and administration functions.
- Prepare product labels, installation instructions, etc.
- Undertake warehouse operations tasks including lifting, moving, sorting and packaging hardware.
- Maintain office in a clean and organized manner.
- Support the Customer Service Coordinator and Warehousing & Shipping Coordinator as needed.
- Various other customer service related and administrative tasks.
- Requires customer service and sales experience engaging with people over the phone and in-person.
- Requires administrative experience reading, writing, grammar, math and excellent clerical and communication skills.
- Requires skills in using computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet navigation, email and calendars.
- Requires intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite (incl. Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Requires familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Experience working in Netsuite ERP would be beneficial.
- Requires the ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Friendly, welcoming personality and professional demeanor, and social skills such as coordination, service orientation and social perceptiveness.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Efficient multi-tasking and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or with minimal direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. It’s important to note that SCH is a small team and as such, many of our staff’s duties and responsibilities overlap. Regardless of job title, we work together as a unit to accomplish what needs to get done.
Job Title: Customer Sales & Service Representative
Work Location: 1895 Blue Heron Drive, Unit 4, London, ON, N6H 5L9
Reports To: Customer Service Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
Salary: $50,000 range with room to grow for a hardworking and ambitious candidate.
Benefits: Healthcare and dental benefits available after successful completion of 3 months.
Please email your PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject "Customer Sales & Service Representative Position". We thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.