Summary of Duties
Under the direction of the Manager of Dietary Services or designate, is responsible for preparation service and clean up for meal or nourishment service, performs general food service delivery. Performs cashier functions occasionally.
- Prepares and cleans dining room tables.
- Assists with meal preparation including portioning desserts, pouring milk, juices and any special food or beverage items for regular and modified diets.
- Performs cleaning functions including dining tables, chairs and designated areas in the kitchens and/or dining rooms.
- Serves client meals including client preferences.
- Prepares and delivers nourishments between meals for clients as required.
- Prepares food to be sold in the Café.
- Serve customers.
- Assists with catering set ups, deliveries, and pick ups as required.
- Fills, operates and unloads dish machine.
- Washes pots and other dishes (Café only)
- Act as cashier (Café only)
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Manager of Dietary Services or designate.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Current Food Handler's Certificate.
- Completion of or enrolled in an accredited Food Service Workers Certificate.
- Experience in dietary environment in Long Term Care Facility preferred.
- Physically capable of performing all duties as required, including heavy lifting.
- Able to work in all area of the Home and all shifts.
Compensation and Other Information
Start - $22.68 per hour
6 Months or 1040 hrs - $23.01 per hour
1 yr or 2080 hrs - $23.72 per hour
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.