The Grand Erie District School Board’s 2,800 employees provide quality education to approximately 26,000 full-time equivalent students who attend our 72 schools. The Board spans a geographic area encompassing the City of Brantford and the Counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. The Board requires a qualified half-time School Secretary.
The successful candidate will answer routine inquiries from staff, students, and the general public. The candidate will organize, file, and assist in preparing reports, type materials related to school operations, be responsible for data entry, along with any other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma (Grade 12 or equivalent education) (verification is required)
- Post-secondary education in a related program (i.e. office administration) is preferred
- Proficient in the use of computers; experience with Power School may be an asset
- Excellent keyboarding skills; speed and accuracy are essential
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimum supervision
- Basic bookkeeping skills (i.e. have the ability to record, balance and handle small amount of funds)
- Exemplary customer service skills
|Hours of Work
||Full-time, 7 hours/day, 10 months a year
|Rate of Pay
||As soon as can be mutually arranged
Deadline: Monday November 28, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
All submissions are to include a complete cover letter, resume, qualifications, and the names of three (3) professional references at least one of which must be a current supervisor (one document if submitted electronically). All new employees are required to provide an original Police Record Check (which includes a “vulnerable sector search”) acceptable to the Board prior to the commencement of employment.
Applicants with a disability that requires an accommodation to enable their participation in the interview process should advise the Board when contacted for an interview. Any assessment and selection materials and processes used in the interview process can be made available in an accessible format, upon request in advance.
All submissions are subject to a screening process and some applicants may not be granted an interview.
Grand Erie District School Board recognizes Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, as the longstanding peoples of this territory. We honour, recognize, and respect these communities as well as all First Nations, Métis and Inuit Peoples who reside within Grand Erie District School Board. We are all stewards of these lands and waters where we now gather, learn and play, and commit to working together in the spirit of Reconciliation.