COME WORK WITH US!
Our Trans Health team has an opening for a Community Health Worker to engage and support trans and gender diverse people in the London community. The focus of the work is to connect individuals to available care and resources, act as an advocate as appropriate, and compliment the existing services of the Trans Health Team at LIHC (i.e., nursing, social work). They will also connect clients to sexual health and harm reduction supports, provide relevant education, and support clients with sexual health testing as appropriate.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive salary, permanent position
- A Psychologically Safe and Inclusive Workplace
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time
- Paid Vacation starting at 3 weeks and increasing to 6 weeks
- Paid time to promote physical and mental well-being
- Lived Experience and/or postsecondary education in Health/Human Services, Social Services or equivalent
- Awareness and understanding of the social determinants of health and health promotion
- Experience in group planning and facilitation
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds with an inclusive and anti-oppressive lens
- Preference will be given to applicants who are members of the Trans/Non-Binary community
- Strong skills in supportive listening, crisis counselling experience
- Community engagement and outreach experience
- Strong computer skills, including the use of MS Office Products
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
Submissions will be accepted until end of day June 20, 2023.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
Due to the vulnerability of our client populations, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate submit a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance to Human Resources.
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions.
Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.
Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the Health Centre and explore our web presence by visiting us online at www.lihc.on.ca, following us on Twitter @HealthCentre or liking us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre