This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 29, 2023
Business Asset Accountant (FIN 41067)
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $38.01 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: Previous applicants need not re-apply for this position. Your previously received application will still be considered.
Note: This is a full-time Support position (35 hours per week).
Duties: The incumbent is responsible for investigating, and implementing, a Fixed Asset sub-ledger, a Deferred Capital Contributions (DCC) subledger, and to determine the Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) liability for the College in compliance with Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and provincial ministry College’s Financial Information System (CFIS) reporting requirements.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Finance and Accounting
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the review of system documentation and the implementation of fixed asset financial processes and subledgers gained as a team player in a service-oriented office environment using computerized financial systems and software packages such as Excel spreadsheets, database management applications and word processing in an educational environment
- Experience ensuring project milestones are achieved is an asset
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills