This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 19, 2022
The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 22,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Casual Early Childhood Educators
2022-2023 School Year
Reporting to the Principal, the supply Early Childhood Educator will team up with the teacher and collaborate in the delivery of programs that will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social, catholic faith and emotional development and communication, language and literacy. Successful candidates will be placed on the “call out list", and will be contacted as required in London, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford counties.
Start Date: September 2022
Salary: $21.87/hour + 4% vacation
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualifications, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
Current conditions of employment with the London District Catholic School Board:
- Two-year community college diploma in Early Childhood Education with a minimum of one year of experience preferably in an educational setting
- Certification with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the mission of the London District Catholic School Board
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education Early Learning Program, curriculum, and related legislation (refer to the Ministry of Education’s website)
- Ability to assist children in washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities
- Physically able to assist children as required, such as stand/walk/crouch for extended periods, move/carry equipment for the program
- The ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
The London District Catholic schools exist to provide an educational atmosphere which fosters and directs the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth of all our students to enable them to live and contribute as responsible Catholics in any society. Hiring a diverse workforce will best serve our students and promote an inclusive environment. The London District Catholic School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the requirement of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspective and experiences and needs of our students and school communities. All hiring decisions will be fair, consistent, transparent, and made in accordance with applicable laws, including the Ontario Human Rights Code and the school board collective agreements.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation to enable your participation in the interview & selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise the Board when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Mandatory adherence to all Health and Safety protocols and training as required and directed.