This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 15, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Recognized throughout Southwestern Ontario as a leader in children’s mental health, Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness provides innovative treatment programs and services for children, experiencing emotional and behavioural challenges. For over 50 years, Vanier’s mission has been to improve the lives of infants, children, youth and their families through the provision of mental health services and support based on clinical excellence, collaboration, partnerships, and system leadership. Appointed by the Ontario Government as “Lead Agency for Child/Youth Mental Health (CYMH) System Management” in London-Middlesex, Vanier is also accountable for community-wide Child/Youth Mental Health System Planning.
Vanier requires a: Part Time Finance Assistant (1 Year Contract)
The Finance Assistant will be contributing to the efficient operation of the finance department by accurate and timely processing of invoices and other day-to-day operations of the finance office. Candidates will have strong analytical, organizational, critical thinking and time management skills.
The Finance Assistant will ensure that all services provided are within the context of Vanier's philosophy, policies and procedures and that they are consistent with legislative requirements.
• Ontario Secondary School High School Diploma
• Post-Secondary Education in Accounting, Finance
• 1-3 years relevant experience in accounts payable, accounting support
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word and Outlook. Advanced level of knowledge in Microsoft Excel
• Proficient in the use of financial system applications i.e., Simply Accounting, Sage
• Receive, review and process invoices
• Receive, review and process internal cheques/EFTs based on appropriate approvals and back-up invoices
• Process weekly Petty Cash cheque for each program based on appropriate approvals and back-up invoices
• Reconcile Petty Cash returned to each program through bank deposit
• Archive payables as required.
• Keep accurate filing/recording system of all cheques, invoices, mileage forms, etc
• Clear accounts payable cheques from bank reconciliation
• Enter Billings and Deposits into SAGE
• Follow up with outstanding Accounts Receivable owing over 45 days to Vanier in a timely matter.
• Report in writing, all unsafe conditions or practices to the Director of Finance
• Assists in completing bank deposits/credit card reconciliations
Hours of Work
21 hour work week
Apply in Writing with Curriculum Vitae to: Lesley Marriott, Manager of Human Resources @ email@example.com
by October 23, 2020
Vanier is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages women, Indigenous persons, persons with a disability and members of visible minority groups to apply.
Vanier is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Application Contact Information