SENIORS' WRAPAROUND FACILITATOR
We are looking for a passionate individual who is interested in working with seniors facing challenges accessing health and social services. Our goal is to support seniors and their families to identify needs and access supports that will help them live at home in dignity and good health for as long as possible. Using a process called WrapAround; facilitators work with seniors and their caregivers to identify needs that profoundly isolated and vulnerable seniors may have that affect their ability to live at home safely, independently, and in good health. Facilitators help seniors and their caregivers develop the capacity to work together as a team in order to problem solve, identify and implement solutions to meet those needs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive salary, permanent position
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time
- 3+ weeks of paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being
- Clinic hours are 9-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Postsecondary education in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a community setting
- Experience developing and implementing outreach strategies to engage a culturally diverse senior community
- Ability to develop effective relationships with seniors and support them in identifying and accessing needed services
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, non-judgement and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of the issues related to accessing health services faced by seniors dealing with poverty and isolation
- Working knowledge of the Social Determinants of Health as well as the WrapAround process
- Experience working within a Health Promotion framework
- Excellent research skills for identifying resources in the community and the ability to develop relationships with local service providers
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London's most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
Submissions will only be accepted until end of day June 2, 2022.
Due to the vulnerability of our client populations and the need for reliable attendance, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Human Resources.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve. Should you require an accommodation in making an application, please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook - London InterCommunity Health Centre